I love to make Chicken Tortillas Soup when it starts to get cold out. All you have to do is put all the ingredients into the crock pot in the morning and let it cook all day on low until you get home from work.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
PREP: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 6-9 hours MAKES: 4-6 servings; 1 Cup Each
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Cans of Ro-Tel
- 1 Can of Black Beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 Can of Corn
- 1 Onion (chopped) (I like to cut mine up and then food process it so that there aren’t any onion chunks in the soup.)
- 2 Cans of Chicken Broth
- 1-2 Cups of Water
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Chile Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Cilantro
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
1. Put the chopped onion, black beans, kidney beans, Ro-tel, corn, chicken broth, and water into the crockpot.
2. Add all the spices, garlic powder, chile powder, ground cumin, and dried cilantro, and mix well.
3. Place both chicken breast into the crockpot and submerge them into the mixture.
4. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 6-7 hours.
5. Once the mixture is done cooking, take the chicken out and shred it. (I like to use my Pampered Chief Salad Choppers)
6. Place the chicken back into the soup and mix it in.
7. Serve and enjoy! (Try serving with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.)