I love to make sugar cookies for all the holidays, specially Christmas. It’s so much fun to cut them out and then to decorate them. Here’s my go to Sugar Cookie recipe!
- 1 1/2 Cups (3 Sticks) of softened butter
- 1 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 of Powdered Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Almond
- 5-6 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add butter and sugars into a large bowel and mix together, for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next add the eggs into the bowl, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Then add the vanilla extract and almond extract into the mixture.
- Add two cups of flour, baking powder, and salt and mix.
- Once mixed, add the remaining flour into the mixture and mix it in well until it is smooth and soft.
- Add this point you can choose to up plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerator or roll it out and start cutting out the cookies.
- Cut out the cookies and put then on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cook the cookies for 8-9 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, decorate them with icing and sprinkles. (Click here to learn how make the Icing I used!)