The 4th of July is one of my favorite times of years. So this year I thought I’d make a couple different decor pieces for our home and show off our American spirit. First on the list was this cute mason jar American flag centerpiece. I just love how it turned and how great it looks on our table. The best part, past how cute it is, was that it didn’t cost me a dime thanks to having everything I needed already around the house. (Thank you wedding decor!) Below I’ll show you how I created this cute 4th of July decor so that you to can create one for you home this 4th of July season!
- 3 quart sized Mason Jars
- Red, White, and Blue Paint
- White Hydrangeas (or flower of choice; white daises would also look great)
- Floral Foam
- Painters Tape
- Paint Brushes
- Star Stencil or sponge
1. First take and paint your basic colors on your jars. One blue and two white.
2. Once all of your jars are dry, take and paint on your designs. On the blue jar paint on your white stars where you so choose. Then on your white jars, take some painters tape and tap off your white strips. Once you have your stripes taped off, paint on your red.
3. Once the red is dry, peel off your painters tape to see your almost finished product.
4. Next take your floral foam and cut it with a knife to size needed to fit it in your mason jar.
5. Once you’ve put your floral foam in your mason jars, take and place all of your flowers into your jars.
6. Place on your flag on your table or where ever you’re wanting it and enjoy!
Here’s what your finished mason jar American flag will look like! Cute, right?!!
I hope you are inspired to make your own mason jar American flag and decorate your hope for this 4th of July season!